Higher Education for Development (HED) works in close partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and operates with the advice and counsel of the six major presidential higher education associations to support the engagement of higher education in development issues worldwide.
HED manages innovative partnerships that join U.S. colleges and universities with institutions of higher learning in developing nations. In this way, we support and facilitate the engagement of U.S. higher education in global development.
HED’s leadership includes an advisory board comprised of representatives from the six major presidential higher education associations. Our Washington, DC-based staff includes a range of skilled international development and program management professionals.
- State Department Higher Education Partnership Promotes Cleaner Production across the Americas
- U.S.-Tunisia Higher Education Initiative Offers New Beginning for Local Communities
- Innovative Partnerships Between U.S. & South American Universities to Address Andean Amazon Conservation
- USAID and HED Announce Women’s Leadership Program for Armenia, Paraguay, Rwanda, and South Sudan
- USAID and HED Host Women’s Leadership Program Partners Meeting in Kigali